Breathing Space primarily supports Orbit customers in Stratford upon Avon, Warwick, Worcester, Coventry, Nuneaton, Bedworth & Wellingborough who are experiencing difficulties with their mental health.
The focus is on mental wellbeing; enabling people to build connections, learn new skills and enhance their own sense of wellbeing. The project aims to prevent problems occurring or worsening, tackling the causes rather than dealing with the consequences.
Our ultimate goal is to support individuals to be in control of their lives and feel empowered to contribute to their community and society.
How can we help?
- Space and time to talk
- Advice and guidance to specialist and community services
- Individualised coaching and information sessions
- Mentors for personal goal setting and structured weekly support
- Self-help tools to develop skills to improve emotional wellbeing and independence
If you feel like you could benefit from this service, once contacted, one of our team will call you within two working days for a chat, to see if we can offer support.
You can then be booked in for an assessment which will take about 30-45 minutes, and following this, we can offer up to 12 weeks of support on a 1 to 1 basis.
If we cannot offer you support through our Breathing Space service, we will talk to you about options of other support available.
Who is Breathing Space for?
- Orbit customers 18 years and older, living in Stratford, Warwick or Worcester, Nuneaton, Bedworth, Coventry & Wellingborough Districts
- Limited spaces for other users aged 18 years and older
- Those experiencing low mood, anxiety, loss, low self-esteem, sleep problems, stress, or feeling worried, lonely or isolated
- Those not currently receiving support from other Mind services
If you’re an Orbit customer and would like to access this service, do one of the following:
Anyone can refer a customer (with their consent) to this service and customers can also self-refer.