Are you suffering with your mental health?
Worcestershire Safe Haven provides telephone support and face-to-face appointments to Worcestershire residents who are experiencing a mental health crisis. Offering a listening ear, support and guidance with accessing other services, we help you manage the difficult times and hold your hand towards better mental wellbeing.
We can help all Worcestershire residents aged 18 and over (if you’re in another area check out our services page for support).
How can we help?
- Give the space and time to talk in a non-judgemental environment
- Work with you to reduce any immediate crisis
- Provide advice about other specialist services, and guide you in the right direction
- Support you in your journey to better manage your mental health, and discuss coping strategies
- Teach you tools and techniques that may reduce the intensity of your feelings
- Make onward referrals and guide you to other appropriate services
- Send a ‘check-in’ text message to you the following day, reminding you of our number should you need to call us again
How can you access this service?
Call 01905 600400. Our phone lines are open every evening between 6pm and 1am (last calls taken at 12.30am). Following an initial phone call, we may be able to offer you face-to-face appointments for that same evening.
Funded by Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, individuals can self-refer. We aim to help vulnerable individuals there and then, preventing admissions to A&E or causing harm to yourself or others.
Remember, you’re not alone. Here’s what people who’ve used our service have to say…
“I’d give it a five star review. It was a godsend to have a service after work. It’s great to be able to ring and get seen in the same night when I needed it”
“I really do appreciate the help. People don’t realise how much it helps to have someone to talk to. It’s better than medication for me.”